2 DAY ADELAIDE TO MELBOURNE
“BEST OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA & GREAT OCEAN ROAD”
Wildlife Tours is a family-operated tour offering the budget-minded traveller real value for money. As a small company, we can offer a friendly and personalized service and take you along one of the most famous scenic drives in Australia the “Great Southern Touring Route.
IN TWO DAYS!!!
Discover South Australia as we wind our way up the Adelaide Hills, cross the great Murray River, travel through rural farming land in the Limestone Coast region ,experience the Coonawarra wine area, Penola and see the Blue Lake in to Mount Gambier.
Cruise the Great Ocean Road with its stunning coastal scenery. See the magnificent and famous 12 Apostles. Learn about this rugged limestone coastline and see the many rock formations from the Loch Ard Gorge to the London bridge.
One Awesome Tour An Unforgettable Journey
DAY ONE - BEST OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA (D)
The Adelaide to Melbourne Great Southern inland route takes you through some of the richest southern rural areas of South Australia.
- Adelaide Hills. Drive along the southern freeway passing through the picturesque Adelaide Hills.
- Murray River. Crossing this mighty river at the end of its 2500km journey.
- Limestone Coast Region – Rural farming area’s with ever-changing scenery, small country towns, beautiful big Australian Gum Trees, sheep & cattle.
- Coonawarra wine region Try some of their famous wines. This area is known as “The other Red centre of Australia”
- Penola – Home to Australia’s first Saint “Mother Mary MacKillop” Visit the MacKillop centre, take a short historical walk or browse through the small shops that line its street.
- Mount Gambier – Largest South Australian regional City famous for the Blue Lake .Each year in November the lake colour changes from winter steel blue to a brilliant turquoise.
- SA / VIC Border Pass through the 2 Australian States.
- Tower Hill – See roaming Kangaroos and Emus with Koala’s in the wild. All of which live in this beautiful natural reserve. * conditions apply
- Warrnambool - Overnight Stop and the start of the Great Ocean Road.
Upgraded Accommodation not included in price but arranged on request.:
* Budget Backpacker Twin/Double is $80 per room
DAY TWO – GREAT OCEAN ROAD (B)
Cruise along the stunning Great Ocean Road one of Australia’s best scenic coastal routes. Wonder at the massive rock formations cut out by the sea and beautiful beaches. Visiting many of the highlights:
- The Limestone stacks tower from the ocean creating a haunting and beautiful landscape.
- London Bridge - London Bridge has fallen down.... stunning photo opportunity and a great story behind it.
- Loch Ard Gorge -. Named after one of Victoria's most tragic shipwrecks. Take a short walk to view the Razorback, Salt and pepper or just laze on the beach at the bottom of the gorge.
- 12 Apostles - The famous 12 Apostles are the highlight of the Great Ocean Road and one of the best known destinations in Australia The magnificent Limestone Stacks rising out of the sea and the stunning coastal scenery make for some fantastic photo shots to remember your Great Ocean Road Adventure.
- Helicopter Flights – Take a Helicopter flight over the 12 Apostles for magnificent ocean views.($75pp weather permitting)
- Koala’s in the Wild – The Ottway forest meets the sea at Kennett River where the koalas can be seen sitting up in the trees and the brightly King Parrots and Crimson Rosella’ feed out of your hands. Be on the lookout for the famous laughing Kookaburra.
- Scenic Beach’s & Coastal Seaside Towns – As we cruise along the Great Ocean Road we travel through scenic coastal towns and see many beautiful beaches..
- Memorial Arch - Historic Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch in dedication to the world war 1 returned soldiers that built the Great Ocean Road
- Melbourne - Final Destination Melbourne.
Included • Meals – Lunch Day 1 and Breakfast Day 2 ,National Park Fees and 1 nights Dormitory Shared Accommodation.
Not Included Upgraded private accommodation. This can be organized for you but it is an extra cost paid directly to the accommodation provider.
3 Star Single/Twin/Double $90 per room
Optional Activities Helicopter Flight - Magnificent views of the 12 Apostles and surrounding coastline ($75 per person)
Departs Adelaide every Monday
We recommended that you arrive at your pick up location at least 5 minutes before departure time. If the bus has not picked you up within 10 minutes please phone the free call number. 1300 661 730
Pick Up Points in Adelaide;
Adelaide YHA 7.20am, My Place & Annies 7.25am, Franklin Street Central Bus Station 7.30am,
Backpack OZ 7.40am, Adelaide Backpackers, Hostel 109 7.45am, Adelaide Travellers Inn 7.50am
1. “ Package up a 1 DAY KANGAROO ISLAND HIGHLIGHTS TOURS with the 2 Day Adelaide to Melbourne “Great Ocean Road” for ONLY $498
2. “ Package up a 1 DAY PHILLIP ISLAND PENGUIN TOUR out of Melbourne with the 2 Day Adelaide to Melbourne for ONLY $350